DBI is a private equity investment firm that makes controlling investments in or acquires smaller middle-market companies principally located in Southern California with enterprise values ranging between $5 million to $15 million. DBI generally commits $1 million to $5 million in capital to investments in management buyout and recapitalizations transactions. DBI has the capabilities to complete larger transactions in cooperation with affiliated private equity funds. .
- Geography - Western United States with a focus on Southern California.
- Revenue - $5.0 million to $25 million
- EBITDA - $1.0 million to $5.0 million
- Transaction Size - $3.0 million to $15 million
- Transaction Types - leverage buyouts and recapitalizations
- Investment Size - $1.0 million to $5.0 million
- Industries - While receptive to opportunities in all industries, DBI has prior investment experience in the following sectors: manufacturing, business services, media, retail, automotive, transportation and building products.
Management Buyouts:In a management buyout, DBI partners with existing management to acquire the business they are currently operating. DBI provides the necessary equity capital and arranges all funding with senior and mezzanine lenders to complete the transaction. Management typically owns a meaningful position in post acquisition companies by investing alongside DBI. Furthermore, DBI also implements equity incentive plans to reward management for profitably growing their business. DBI has experience investing in friendly management buyouts for several types of business entities, including privately held companies and subsidiaries and/or divisions of larger companies.
Recapitalizations:A recapitalization is an ideal alternative for a business owner who wishes to sell a portion of their company for liquidity or estate planning purposes, while retaining a considerable ownership in the company. In this scenario, an owner achieves personal liquidity, maintains operating control and continues to participate in the future upside, while having access to DBI's financial and advisory resources. DBI also implements equity incentive plans to reward management and employees for profitably growing recapitalized businesses.
- Establishing strategic direction,
- Identifying, evaluating and prioritizing growth opportunities,
- Management team building,
- Tactical assistance including sales, marketing and financial support,
- Identifying, evaluating, structuring, financing and integrating acquisitions,
- Arranging financings and refinancings to support growth, and
- Preparing for and executing exit strategies.
Brian MalewiczBrian Malewicz is the President of DBI Capital LLC. Before founding DBI, Mr. Malewicz held various operating positions at Traffic.com, a company he co-founded in 1997. Mr. Malewicz was also a member of Kinsman Capital's original investment team and was actively involved in the execution of Kinsman Capital's investments in SpeakerCraft, Inc., Interior Specialists, Inc. and Valaran, Inc. Previously, Mr. Malewicz was an Associate with Pacific Corporate Group, Inc., where he participated in investing and monitoring over $600 million in private equity related transactions. Mr. Malewicz graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with a B.S. in Economics and a concentration in Finance. He currently serves on the following DBI Capital portfolio company board of directors: Pro-Motion Distributing, GreenLink Networks, LLC and Turbo International, Inc.
Paul ThiryComing soon.
DBI welcomes direct inquiries from companies as well as through M&A intermediaries. DBI will pay appropriate fees when a referral results in a completed transaction. We respond to all inquiries in a timely manner. Please contact DBI Capital
DBI Capital LLC
2151 Las Palmas Drive, Suite E
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Telephone: (760) 494-3577
Please email business plans to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download one of DBI Capital's fact sheets: